Sport with CP: Athletes as Role-Models Around the World
Venue : Online
Thank you to all of you who joined our online panel discussion last Monday 12 July 2021 on "Sport with CP: Athletes as Role-Models Around the World".
Our four diverse but equally impressive panellists not only shared their own testimonies but identified some common themes and challenges across the world, in particular the importance of:
- Inclusive education
- Social and gender equality
- Organisational infrastructure
- Passionate individuals to take the lead.
- The session highlighted the role of sport in providing motivation, responsibility and empowerment to people with CP and with a disability more generally.
If you missed the event or would like to see it again, you can view the individual presentations at the links below:
- Rodrigo López, Fundacion Obligado https://fb.watch/v/Vclq0G7w/
- Craig Carscadden, CPISRA - Cerebral Palsy International Sports and Recreation...: https://fb.watch/6RJsZwHiud/
- Bimal L. Shrestha, SGCP - Self-help Group for Cerebral Palsy: https://fb.watch/v/1esZQpybH/
- Ana Catarina Correia, Associação do Porto de Paralisia Cerebral: https://fb.watch/v/VtPeuuGq/