European Disability Forum and Oracle e-Accessibility Scholarship
Venue : N/A
Deadline: 6th March 2020 (23:59 CET)
EDF and Oracle have launched the fourth edition of our scholarship for students with disabilities studying in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, or related fields enrolled at a EU university for the academic year 2019-2020.
The scholarship consists of 6,500€ to be awarded based on a project or research that will be conducted during the academic year. The Scholarship will be awarded primarily based on a project or thesis in which the needs of persons with disabilities in terms of accessibility to ICT (e-Accessibility) are taken into consideration and/or an innovative solution to enhance their access is proposed. The project must be an integral component of the educational programme undertaken by the student (e.g. final year assignment or part of their Masters or PhD). The project may either be a proposal or it can already be underway.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a student with a disability in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, or related field
- Be an European Union (EU) citizen and resident within the EU at the time of the deadline for submitting applications
- Be enrolled at a university in the EU for the 2019-2020 academic year, including online universities based in the EU. This includes universities in an EU member state at the time of the deadline for applications
- Maintain a strong academic record
- Have a disability, (see FAQs for definition of disability)
- Have not benefited from the scholarship in the past
Applicants will be asked to submit via an online form:
- General background information (i.e. contact information and details about your current university for the 2019-2020 school year)
- Proof of disability
- Executive summary of their project proposal in English from 2 to 5 pages
- Academic transcripts reached so far from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree).
- Recommendation and feedback letter from an academic supervisor
Applications must be submitted before 6th March 2020 (23:59 CET), using this online application form.
- Application deadline: 6th March 2020 (23:59 CET)
- Jury decision: March 2020
- Successful applicant notified by 1st April 2020
- Award ceremony: May 2020 (exact date and location TBC)
Full information related to the scholarship, including eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, and frequently asked questions can be found in this document. All applicants are strongly advised to consult it prior to completing the application form.
For additional questions about this scholarship see contact below
Mher HakobyanEDF Accessibility Officer